Monday, October 29, 2007

Omega's Come in Threes



Tonight I am swimming in a sea of tasty Omega-3 Fatty Acids!

Courtesy of Trader Joe's, the most wonderful place in the U.S. for all your food-related needs, I purchased some Wild Alaskan Sock-eye Salmon. Was it ever wild! Low in mercury and high in nutrition, few supper's can compare. The only thing missing was a side of brussels sprouts.

Thick red, tender, slippery meat, silvery backs and dense with oil... I broiled two pieces rare in sesame seed and olive oil with garlic and capers. Three minutes of preparation yielded buttery pieces of heaven.

I just wanted to share with you how exciting a simple piece of salmon can be.
Many thanks to the fish who gave its life for the sake of this entry...

To search for all your Trader Joe's needs, please see: http://www.traderjoes.com/index.html

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Sounds yummy- I am having fish tonight, but cooked in a salt dome. You are a great cook! Just like your Dad!

Anonymous said...

If Omegas come in threes, what do Alphas come in? boB

Rebecca said...

That sounds great! I have salmon set out for dinner tonight too...