Friday, October 5, 2007

Happy Friendship Anniversary!

Today marks a very special day in my life.

Today is the 1-year friendship anniversary for Shannyn Magee and I! She and I met for the first time in the short days before the 2006 Twin Cities Marathon, then we became "real" friends while running the first few miles of the TCM together. Shannyn was amazing! She really helped me get through the first 5 miles.

In addition to that - pastors take note - she is one of the few truly caring, down-to-earth and theologically astute youth pastors I have met during my few years at seminary. But hands off! I call dibs on Shan for associate in the years to come.

Cheers to a great year of friendship, Shannyn - and here's to many more!

(this is a photo of Shannyn and I running the marathon together)

5 comments:

Dean Grier said...

Shoot, I'll be associate to Shannyn any day!

Dean Grier said...

... (that is, if I thought I could keep up). Anyhow, happy friendship anniversary!

Natalie said...

Its okay, Dean - we'd slow down for you!

Anonymous said...

You guys are very sweet...you're making me blush!

Anonymous said...

Not only is Shannyn theologically astute...she is a Hebrew ALL STAR!!!