Monday, October 15, 2007

Confirmation Questions

Today is blogtastic! Here is this weeks' selection of confirmation questions from my darling 8th graders. And Don. Except Don didn't ask a question. But I thought I'd mention him. Dear, dear Don.

1. If Adam and Eve didn't eat the fruit of knowledge, would be be like other animals?
2. Why did God create the earth and humans? He could of had the whole universe to Himself. Human are just sinful, what good do we do Him? (I like this kid!)
3. How is God with me at school?
4. Why does the Bible have so many different stories? (same one who asked "why does the Bible have so many weird stories?" Yikes... I don't know what to say!)
5. Why are there so many kinds of religions. Does it mader what you think all that maders is that you believe and love God. If you go to church and see people you don't know and some of them don't believe the same exact stuff you do, they were separate into smalle rhtings. All that maders is loving God. [sic]... I think I get the gist...]
6. How do I know if God forgives even if I have sinned greatly?
7. In God's mind, are we ever considered bad people?
8. Why does God not step in so that good people don't do bad things? (any ideas??)
9. How do you get confirmed?
10. Does God promise us whatever we want?

There you have it folks! Any help with them is very much welcomed and appreciated! Especially #8. That one always gets me. This is a theological 911 emergency!

Hurry, God Squad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because if my dad never let go of my bike, so then I would never fall over, then I never would have learned to ride the bike. And it made him sad when I fell, but I had to do it on my own (although I am a finesse cyclist and I didn't even use training wheels, so this is a generic dad/daughter tale, as opposed to a specific my dad/me story). Also, humans suck.
-Laura

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Maybe what you need to do is turn to Paul in Romans and explain that there is no such thing as a good person, at least not in God's eyes.

Unknown said...

number 4: because the Bible is a collection of authors and each has a different way of explaining God in their own words.
number 8: (as explained to me by my Roman Catholic confirmation teacher) Free will! God gave us the ability to chose for ourselves but also the ability to learn from our mistakes. If we never fail, we never learn the beauty of perseverence.

Anonymous said...

I realize this may be a little late... Question #8:How do we know that God doesn't step in. The only way we know if evil has happened by the end result. Do we always know if good has happened? Or if evil has been thwarted? I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit to effect change in our lives that we are not always able to testify to, and yet the change happens. The question I would ask the young adults is: when did you feel like doing something "bad" and then change your mind? I hope this helps.
boB