Monday, December 24, 2007

The Twelve Days of Internship

This goes out to all of you who know what it is to be an intern on Christmas. Word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the first day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Luther and a love for t.v.

On the second day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Two dirty cassocks

On the third day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Three hours of sleep

On the fourth day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Four evaluations

On the fifth day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
A long, boring sermon!

On the sixth day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Six Bible studies

On the seventh day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Seven Advent greenings

On the eighth day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Eight bad translations

On the ninth day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Nine cranky elders

On the tenth day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Ten pounds of fruitcake

On the eleventh day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Eleven hours a-visiting

On the twelfth day of Christmas my pastor gave to me:
Twelve committee meetings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*note: this creative work of Christmas cheer in no way necessarily reflects the views of the author in regard to her pastor, who is kind and helpful in the ways a supervisor ought to be.

No comments: