Thursday, December 6, 2007

Kiddoes Confirmation Questions

These kids are smart cookies. There is just no two ways around it. Here are the questions turned in yesterday (be prepared... some of them are veritable novelettes):

1. Why doesn't God show His answers to our questions in "flesh" or in more simple forms? Why doesn't HE answer our questions sometimes? (I want to know too...)

2. Hi, I have a long question. I was thinking of going to a different religion when I'm done being confermed. I have a Nana and a Papa that are deeply pious. And I asked my Mom if they would hate me if I even told them about it and she said yes. And they would say I would go to hell. So, if I don't believe in hell and they say I'm goin there, it doesn't really matter because I don't believe in hell, so why do they bother saying it if I don't believe in it and that's all that matters? Consult me when you're done with the answer or if you need help understanding it. (Lets not mince words, shall we?...)

3. What does this sign mean? I've seen it everywhere after I read this book. (I'm not sure which book she is talking about, but the sign is circle with a symmetrical cross in the center)

4. If you pray silently, like in your head, will God still hear you?

5. If God doesn't want us to hate anyone, then should we hate the Devil and why?

6. I was wondering if you read a book that went slightly against the Bible would it be bad to read that? I don't believe it, but is it right to read it? It is the "Golden Compass" and the "Subtle Knife." They are good books though - they are interesting.

7. I think that God, portrayed by Pastor is really hardcore on everyone. Like we'll go to hell if we're not exactly not perfect Christians. And I'm worried about that. (Yowza. I'm not so sure he is hearing what the pastor means... I never hear him being really down on people and I am pretty cued into hearing that type of thing... I'm wondering what he's worried about...)

Pretty tough and pretty personal questions. Any suggestions from blogland?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Direct from Lutherland-7 quick answers for the Kiddoes:
1)God doesn't answer prayers, he responds to them.
2)What religion? (I'm thinking of joining)
3)It's the German Iron Cross.(hey it's a guess!)
4)Yes
5)Yes,because the devil is not a person.
6)Will you become an atheist if you read these books? (I.e. how strong is your faith?)
7)Think Jesus! He went to hell for you so you don't have to, which means you don't have to be a perfect Christian! (actually no one is)

Feel free to use any, all or none.

boB

Amanda said...

I can get you a sermon by a *really reliable source* all about how we should hate. If you'd like it. Though the gospel is not allowed anywhere near this sermon. . .

Natalie said...

Hook me up, Stamp! :)