Thursday, September 13, 2007

My New Home

Welcome to my apartment! I live above the Presbyterians, below four party animals, and have Missouri Synod landlords. This year, I fully expect to increase in holiness due to my proximity to the devout PCUSA and LCMS folks sandwiching me on all ends. I am also quite close to Chicago, which will hopefully encourage some visitors - you, there, in blogland! Just call ahead and I will be happy to host your Chicagoland experience!

(I have wanted to post these photos for about two weeks and had not yet downloaded them from the disk
- so a few minor organizational changes have been made in the meantime.)


Let us embark on El Grande Tour:


Welcome to my living room
Here you will enjoy the baroque Ikea throw and pillows
as well as the maps of exotic places adorning the wall.
The congregation has kindly loaned me a davenport,
two chairs, and a loveseat for the year!


A view from the main room of the dining area,
beautiful gas fireplace, and study (around the corner to the right)
Aren't the windows terrific?


My kitchen


The bat cave - I mean, bedroom


The bedroom head-on


My dear, devoted protester friends who arrive like
clockwork at 8 o'clock on Saturday morning
in front of the courthouse (across the street) to encourage
horn-honking and other crimes of passion at that hour
of the morning.

That concludes our brief tour of the Gessert digs. Stay tuned for more exciting apartment updates as the health department investigates the livability of this abode due to raw sewage gas and other E.coli related concerns...


p.s.
For those of you would like my address, all mail is being sent to the church
(where there is a secured mailbox).
And remember, every vicar loves mail - but few as much as
this vicar... !
I hope to hear from you soon!:

Vicar Natalie
***After Good Inquest and Advice from One Mrs. Jessica NP, this address has been removed***
For further address information, please make requests as a comment on the blog or send me an email!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Natalie! Nice blog--and nice apartment :-). I do hope you are enjoying Valpo--I've certainly had lots of flashbacks and memories since moving here to Olaf! (by the way, you might not want to list your address on your blog, even if its not your actual apartment address...you never know who is reading)

Unknown said...

Hi Natalie!

I'm sorry I missed your call tonight. I was over at Shannyn's getting my fix of organizing in. I am having a great time studying with her and getting to know her better!

The apartment looks great! I was wondering where the guest room is? Maggie is very demanding and always wants "her own space". I think we are still planning on late November for a visit.

Allergy season has hit and I can no longer breathe or see. The red puffy eyes are really a sight - too bad you are missing this. I have my CPE interview tomorrow so I'm hoping the guy doesn't think I'm weepy or something because I keep wiping my eyes.

Miss you!

kristen said...

Hi Natalie! I've so enjoyed reading about your journey to and first impressions of my old stomping grounds... Ah, the popcorn festival! Good ol' Orville... Couldn't relate to the burger, though... Keep the updates coming -- it's fun to keep up with you AND reminisce!

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Hi Natalie, Thanks for the pointing me to your blog. We are sending you our good vibes and many prayers for a wonderful year as the Vicar of Valpo. Keep writing from the heart! Love, T

Vicky said...

Hey, can you send me your address for "snail mail"? Would love to have it, maybe I will just call you sometime soon, too!