Monday, September 10, 2007

Late-Breaking News

Moments after my last post and one meeting later, a couple from the church called asking if they could go out with me for the afternoon. I thought, "of course! A great opportunity to 'read my audience'... maybe discover some pastoral care needs, etc...!" They came to pick me up and said, "hey, we're retirees and would really like to take you to a movie before we eat!" I said, "Great! Sounds like fun."

We arrived at the movie theater and they bought tickets to:



Thats right. The adventures of Clive Owen and how he kills 200+ men all while holding a newborn infant (which he delivered) and falls in love with a wet nurse of loose morality.

I must say, after this we ended up having a wonderful time at the restaurant and each of them received a full and complete absolution in the name of Jesus Christ (for sins unrelated to this film!). They really are wonderful people with kind hearts and I'm so blessed by their presence in this congregation. Both are salt of the earth and very concerned with the needs and welfare of their brothers and sisters in Christ... and they knew their sister Natalie needed a trip to Shoot Em' Up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't ministry wonderful!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

sounds just like a movie: Run, Vic, Run!