Monday, January 14, 2008

Trip Home to Minneapolis-St. Paul

I know, I know. Too many pictures, too little writing. But this will be the last big photo run I will post for awhile. Don't get me wrong: I'll post. Just not with gobs of photos. There are lots of you who will appear here, so I hope you enjoy your blog debuts - and for some of you, return appearances!


On my first stop after staying at the Parker Plaza (Yes, only the trendiest of Hotels on the Sandgren Strip) I turned south on 35 only to stop in Northfield to visit my dear friends, the Pleuss-Nelson family! "Family" used to consist of the happily married Jessica and Andy until just about two weeks ago when Simon finally joined in the fun! Jess endured many hours of labor until 8lb12oz Simon Jacob arrived. Wow. A lot of power for one slender lady!

Baby Simon yawning


Baby Simon doing a "One-Eyed Jack"


The best gift Simon will ever have: Andy and Jess as his Mama and Daddy

Happy Daddy! Simon has his nose!

Happy Mama!

Now it is on to the next stop: a visit to friend Pastor Jason Burggraff in Sioux Falls, SD!

His new house - can you see Burgge playing cello in the front window?



Jason at... you guess it: SIOUX FALLS!


The Right Reverend in the Good Lords' nave


Jason and his buddy Alex

Back to the Sem for MID-WINTER CONVOCATION! Somewhere between Rolf Jacobson questioning whether he was the academician or eye-candy (as opposed to Dave-O Lose) and late night beer runs to Ole Chicago's, I found myself elevated to the 9th levels of paradise. But of course, as a Lutheran, I felt a little guilty about the great time I was having and translated a Greek text for recompense.

A beautiful snowy evening at Luther


Carleton and Kris


Paula and David smiling like it is their 8th grade prom photo
(and they think its funny to do it every time you try to take their picture!)


Stewbert and Natalie
(can you believe how incredible he looks?!)


Stew, may I please have your top Concord responses to this question:
What is Natalie doing in the above photo?
(p.s. for all of you readers who might not have witness the glory of my lactose intolerance, no, I am not 5 months pregnant!)


Stew making smooth moves on Necia


For those of you who have never experienced the sheer joy of Carl's laugh...
The only point of this clip is for you to hear him laugh!


A big Carleton hug!


Nat, Jason, Carl, and John Karl Ahola (he loves pureed Mac'n'Cheese with a pretzel chaser)


David and Paula with a real smile!

Friday table talk with Uncle Roy and Aunt Norma:



Uncle Roy explaining the difference between the capital and lower case 'E'
**for an incredibly funny photo of Uncle Roy, feel free to email me - I've got one that is "unpostable"!)

The "Last Lunch" with David and Paula at Old Chicago's. Thai Pie anyone??

Having to deal with their revolting displays of affections...
After Paula attends her 2-week J-term on the Pine Ridge Indian reservation I expect she will be making eyes at the earth, wearing beads, and falsifying native traditions with her ROLO friends.

Supper at Michael and Katherine's!

Katherine always sets out the special red plate - It makes me feel so good!


The 5-Star chef - She made a REALLY yummy chicken dish with quinoa and sesamed asparagus stalks!! Wow! Katherine and Michael made the tiramisu together.

Katherine and Michael at the witching hour before I left


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow...thanks for posting pics...it was so great to see everyone!:-) I didn't realize so many friends would be there...I will have to go next year!

Anonymous said...

Yes, must see the Roy pic you mentioned!

P.