Friday, February 8, 2008

Yael Naim - New Soul


It is a beautiful Israel singer named Yael Naim singing her "New Soul." I think there are a number of really beautiful theological/blessing images in there. If you need to
read the lyrics alongside go to this site:

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/y/yael_naim/new_soul.html

One of the ways I understand the life of faith is that we are simply
getting used to our new bodies of freedom, gifted to us by God. When you are captured in His promises, it is not so much that sin is taken from you, but that you are taken out of sin. You are a "new soul"
trying to find your way in this world, no longer claimed by sin, death, and the devil.

Utterly delightful. If you like Naim, check it her CD on iTunes and you can find the rest of her work with lots of her music in Hebrit.
Hope you enjoy! I thought you might appreciate it.

Yes, yes, it is definitely chickie muzak as my dear friend Jake would say! I may not be as music savvy as my dear Jeni Falkman is - and my powers of description fade in comparison (Jeni, would you like to write something here? - I won't pay you, but you can have the publicity!). And yes, I know this is popular and somewhat kitschy as a result. But I'm in love and I thought you could fall into the joy alongside me.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Hartone said...

Dude, when it comes to intriguing Jewish chicks, i prefer Regina Spektor.

Israeli chicks can be so complicated. And they usually possess firearms...which is problematic on several levels.

Hartone

Natalie said...

Good thing I'm just half-Jew... and a Semi-phile at that. Ha!